Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1 "Just When I Need Him Most" Read: PSALM 46:1-3


There are so many verses in the King James Bible that we can reference when we are seeking God in times of trouble, despair and sickness...

I think of the scripture in 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 (King James Version), "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body."

What hope would we have if we didn't have the Word of God? It is how God speaks to us and prayer is how we speak to Him, and to know that God's Son makes intercession to the Father for me EVERY time I go to Him for anything...I am so foolish to ever leave God in prayer and Bible reading!

I want to know that when I need Him, that I have been seeking Him all along, and not just when I need Him most...

When we don't read our Bible and pray, it is a sin of omission, and we can't confess sins of omission, we just have to admit wrong and move forward doing right...start reading the Bible and praying, it is our source of hope, strength, and faith.

Let us not starve ourselves physically like we starve ourselves spiritually!

In closing, I think of the song, "Just When I Need Him Most" written by William Poole who died in 1907:

Just when I need Him, Jesus is near,
Just when I falter, just when I fear;
Ready to help me, ready to cheer,
Just when I need Him most.

Just when I need Him most,
Just when I need Him most,
Jesus is near to comfort and cheer,
Just when I need Him most.

Just when I need Him, Jesus is true,
Never forsaking, all the way through;
Giving for burdens pleasures anew,
Just when I need Him most.

Just when I need Him, Jesus is strong,
Bearing my burdens all the day long;
For all my sorrow giving a song,
Just when I need Him most.

Just when I need Him, He is my all,
Answering when upon Him I call;
Tenderly watching lest I should fall,
Just when I need Him most.

We must stay in fellowship and build a relationship with God every day.

God help us to do so!

God help me to do so!

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear , though the earth be removed , and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled , though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah." PSALM 46:1-3

Bro Dave G
CMBC FACEBOOK MODERATOR

No comments:

Post a Comment