Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 31 "Keeping Your Word" Read I John 2:5



"Keeping Your Word"

1 John 2:5 "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."

This thought has come across my mind quite often lately. It seems as though we get so busy in our everyday life that we sometimes forgot about things we have told someone we would do. For instance I have a dear friend who asked my to send her a daily bible verse and I can remember to do that for a few days in a row then the devil steals that thought and I have to apoligize and start over. Then it becomes a pattern. I truly get convicted over it and realize that I put some things in front of that, that have no importance compaired to the value of THE WORD! His word never comes back void and our words get shallow and empty due to the lack of the renewing of our minds daily. I know as a child when my parents told me they were going to do something I hung on their every word and took it to heart.


In the days we live in now we don't think about the person we've gave our word to...what it feels like when we don't keep it. Sure, there are certain things that come up out of our control but we must remember as Christians that there is always someone listening or watching to see if are doing our best to be Christ-like!

Mrs Kelly Tester Proffit

CMBC Pastors Wife


No comments:

Post a Comment