Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11 "Life Without Limits" Alternate Bible Reading


Life Without Limits

The other day I was standing around talking with the other guys at work. Not gossiping; you know men don’t know how to do that! But something came up about a man who wanted to move to the other side of the country and start a new career. But in order to do this he had to borrow half the start-up money from his dad. This gentleman was afraid to do this because there was no guarantee that he would succeed. We discussed it for a few minutes and I made the remark that the only guarantee we have in life is death. And just like that, I placed a limit on God in my life.


You see, after I said those words God showed me that the Bible is full of promises, guarantees from God. If we are willing to accept and believe for them, He is more than willing to give. Here are just a few. The first and most important is guaranteed salvation. II Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ he is a new creature. Old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” Philippians 1:6 says, “Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.”


The second promise I’d like to share with you is for guidance. Psalm 32:8 says, “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with Mine eye.” You see, if we seek God’s will in our decisions in life, He will guide us to the place He wants us to be. When you have decisions in life one choice leads to success, the other to failure. Pray until God gives you peace in your decision and don’t make your choice until He does.


Here is one that probably won’t make you happy – hard time and trials will come. Matthew 5:45 says, “That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He maketh His Son to ride on the evil and the good. And send the rain on the just and the unjust.” Sometimes bad things do happen to good people. God’s word says that it happens. But in Psalm 9:9 He gives us another guarantee: the Lord will also be a sanctuary for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.


Read Hebrews 13:5. God guarantees that He will never leave you or forsake you. I believe every word in the Bible. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t believe one. I can now see that the only limits in my life – concerning God – are the limits I put there myself through lack of faith and speaking doubt in my life. God showed me that I can take every word in that Book as a “double your money back” guarantee.


Bro Kevin Winebarger
CMBC Devotion Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment