Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 3 "Strong Tower" Read: Proverbs 18 & Psa 61


The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it and is safe.

Proverbs 18:10

I am happy to report to you today that we Christians have a shelter, a strength, a strong tower to count on in times of need, or at any time. When the world throws every kind of fiery dart at us we have the name of the Lord to call upon, that strong tower that we can run into and be safe. You can leave the seat you’re in at this moment and go to the other side of the earth and that strong tower is right there. I am thankful that as a child I discovered that strong tower and ran into it and was saved. God is my ever-present help in time of need. At times in my life I have drifted so far from Him I thought He would surely forget who I was. The only thing He forgot was my sins when I repented. When I was weak, the Tower was still strong. Psalm 61:3 says, “For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a stronghold from the enemy.” When we are in the shelter of the Strong Tower, the enemy cannot touch us.

Bro Kevin Winebarger
CMBC Facebook Writer

1 comment:

  1. This is such an inspiring message! We have that strong tower and should never be afraid. Keep up the good work Kevin.
    Reda

    ReplyDelete