Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 23 "Orphans of God" Read Psalm 16


“Orphans of God,” is such an inspiring song. I heard the song for the first time last night and the song has stuck with me since. May it bless you as it continues to bless me, please see it posted to our facebook.

Everyone can find something in the lyrics of this song to relate to, wherever you’re at, whatever you’re up against right now, read the words below and listen to the song. Be encouraged that you are not an Orphan – God has not abandoned you and he’s with you right now!

Who here among us has not been broken
Who here among us is without guilt or pain
So often abandoned by our trangressions

Come ye unwanted and find affection
Come all ye weary, come and lay down your head
Come ye unworthy, you are my brother

Broken, Guilt, Pain, Unwanted, Weary, Unworthy, the list can go on & on of the things that make us feel orphaned (abandoned) –

I’ve felt alone before, abandoned, wondering if anyone sees me and yet in a still quiet voice, that’s not quite audible, I hear God whisper, “I’m here.”

He has not abandoned me or you! There are no orphans of God as he is the Father of us all. The chorus of the song goes on to say…

There are no strangers
There are no oucasts
There are no orphans of God
So many fallen, but Hallelujah
There are no orphans of God

In a strange twist it is us who abandon God with our Sin. It keeps us separated from him – if you’re feeling lost, abandoned, orphaned, turn to Jesus and ask Him to save you. God is reaching out to you. Turn to Him – His arms are open wide.

Psalm 16:10 says that He will not abandon us to the Grave!

While many are falling away, you stay with God.

Love in Christ,
Dave Gindlesperger
CMBC Facebook Moderator

No comments:

Post a Comment