Friday, March 12, 2010

March 13 "Practice Patience" Read: Eph 4


Practice Patience
Key Verse: Ephesians 4:2B..."forbearing one another in love"...

To "forbear" means "to be patient", so we could easily understand the verse above, it teaches us "to be patient with each other in a loving way"...

We all thirst for love, we love it when someone hugs us, we love to get a note, gift or card that makes us "feel" loved.

Did you know that love can change our motivation for living? When we accept God's gift of salvation, it then changes our motivation for living from the old way of loving to a new way of loving. There is a wrong way to love and a right way to love, or you could say, its wrong to love wrong, and right to love right.

The right kind of love we posses as a child of God will inspire us to want to be a patient believer.

Hang with me here, I'm going somewhere with this...

No one likes to be around someone who is impatient or unlovely...it causes one to overreact, to be foolish, and be angry. This never makes things better, in fact it generates additional problems.

1 Thess 5:14 says, "See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves and to all men."

You might be thinking, "you don't know what he/she did to me" or you might say, "I have been hurt"...and I personally know what that means, and it seems impossible to practice this truth of patience. It seems like alot to bite off and chew all at once! But if we are saved, then we posses His love, which will help us "practice patience".

I would like to make a few statements regarding "patience" or how to "forbear" one another in love that I know will help us lay a foundation to "practice patience."

PATIENCE WILL BRING THE INTERNAL CALM DURING AN EXTERNAL STORM...when in the middle of everything falling apart between you and your children, or you and you family, or you and you church family...be patient!

PATIENCE WILL STOP PROBLEMS IN THEIR TRACKS...I had a situation this week where I had to say, "your right" and "I am wrong"...it made the other individual just stop and say, "oh really?" Had I over-reacted, it would have hurt my testimony further while causing more hurt and harm.

PATIENCE CONTROLS EMOTIONS, RATHER THAN EMOTIONS CONTROLLING YOU. Don't let your emotions get the best of you when Satan is working!

PATIENCE WONT RENDER "EVIL FOR EVIL". What if God treated us that way?

PATIENCE DOESN'T RUSH TO JUDGEMENT, BUT LISTENS. Matt. 7: 2 says, "For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."

Remember, "practicing patience" is not a natural characteristic of our old sinful nature, but a Godly attribute of the right kind of love imparted to us at salvation.

I needed this devotion, God taught me something from it as I put it together for all of us, and I claim this verse as we close:

Romans 12:12 says, "Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation, continuing instant in prayer;"

HAVE HOPE, BE PATIENT AND PRAY!
Bro Dave Gindlesperger
CMBC Facebook Moderator

No comments:

Post a Comment