Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29, 2010 "The Lamb Of God" Read 1 Peter 1


But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.” I Peter 1:19-21 (KJV)

It’s humbling to realize that the same Man that created the earth, sun, stars, oceans and mountains, who was foreordained before the foundation of the world, would even think about me!

When sin took me farther than I wanted to go, and kept me longer than I wanted to stay, He still thought about me, and cared for me, and protected me. I was born with sin, blacker than night, but got saved at a very early age. Through faith I believed in this powerful God who could speak worlds into existence. I asked God to forgive me for my sins and come into my heart. To lead me and guide me. And you know what? He did! Sure, I fail almost every day. Sometimes I stick my foot in my mouth and swallow it up to my knee. But God knows my heart, and He remembers when I asked Him to save me, and remembers when I was covered by the precious blood of Christ, spilled by that Lamb without blemish or spot. And I’m thankful that when that precious Lamb’s blood is applied to something – whether it’s the doorposts before the Passover, or my soul, when as a child, I realized I was lost – that, try as it might, this world can’t wash it off. It’s stained forever.

“The grace of God is found in His great love for sinners, in His longing to do them good. His Son Jesus Christ personifies grace, for by the offering up of His body, sinners are bade whole and pure, once and for all.” John Bunyan




Thank You,

Kevin Winebarger

CMBC FACEBOOK Devotioneer

No comments:

Post a Comment