Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 25 "My Safety is with God" Read Psa 27


MY SAFETY IS WITH GOD

Key Verse: Psalm 27:14 ~

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." (KJV)

Paul stated in the New Testament, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me..."

I get scared sometimes...I got scared tonight when Bro Eric preached about spiritual warfare in our Wednesday PM service.

I get scared of what I know my flesh is capable of...I don't want the devil to have place in my life, to oppress me, and to leave me in spiritual distress.

I'm being honest with you folks, have you felt that way? I'm not a spiritual giant, in fact, after living over half my life, I'm just beginning to know how to trust God. I used to think I could live life, tackle the problems, and conquer in my own strength and inevitably it caught up with me...it was a long calculated plan of the devil to destroy my testimony and ultimately, my life.

If the devil cannot grip your life with drugs or alcohol, he will do his best to dispose of you through fear, worry, and anxiety...all of which is equally sin.

Our safety is with God! The Lord is my Light and my salvation! I'm so thankful that my salvation is not based on how the devil can make me feel. We can maintain confidence in the very midst of war with the devil...RESIST THE DEVIL AND HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU!

What do we do when we feel like this? According to the very spoken Word of God, we "wait on the Lord." We must be in prayer every day before God. We have to be, folks! Without prayer, we cannot talk to God and without His Word, He cannot speak to us! We need Him in these last days...

In addition, another thing we must do is to "be of good courage"...I must derive my strength from my God through reading His word every day! He promises me that if I "wait" and "be of good courage" that He will strengthen my heart.

There is an old song that just came to me and it sings just like this:

In times like these you need a Savior
In times like these you need an anchor;
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

Chorus
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the One;
This Rock is Jesus, the only One!
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

In times like these you need the Bible,
In times like these O be not idle;
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

Chorus
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the One;
This Rock is Jesus, the only One!
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

In times like these I have a Savior,
In times like these I have an anchor;
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

Chorus
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the One;
This Rock is Jesus, the only One!
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock!

It pains me to think I fail my Lord every day! I cannot wait until one day, I will be able to glorify Him not in this old sinful flesh, but in my glorified body!

Pray for me, I need the prayers of my church family every day..."we are more than conquerors, through Him that loved us..."


I'm glad Jesus Loves Me like no one else!

Bro Dave Gindlesperger
CMBC Facebook Moderator

No comments:

Post a Comment